Friday, July 30, 2010

A Gardner's Touch with Chenille

I have been working on this quilt for awhile.
I thought it was gonna be quick and
easy since it was a panel. 
A Gardner's Touch Thimbleberries 2008.

Cutting the panel and sewing it together was easy.
It was that darn Chenille that was the problem child.

First I tried sewing both layers of Chenille at once. 
Wrong answer .  .  .  .
The Chenille stretched and moved and
never stayed straight. 

Sooooooo .  .  .  .  .

I ripped




ripped again.

Then I sewed the Wine Chenille on first with
Water Soluable thread.
Yeah this worked. 
Then I ran out of the Wine Chenille and
had to buy more   : (  
Then I started with the Rose Chenille. 
The Chenille still stretched and moved,
couldn't always keep the Rose Chenille
straight on the Wine Chenille,
but it was better than before. 
Of course there wasn't enough to finish the quilt. 
Had to order more Rose Chenille on line.

Finally I finished sewing on the Chenille. 
Hopefully it will turn out right after the wash.

Now am working on the binding.

Will post pics later.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sewing Room

Well I haven't blogged for a awhile, so I thought I would share my new sewing room. 

I love the set up and it has worked well.
As you can see this is where my sewing machine and cutting table and ironing table is at.

Then the closet area is where my fabric stash is at.

Bret, Katie and Bella should get their package in the mail by Saturday.
I sure hope they like the quilts. 
I will probably post pics next week.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shhhhhhhhh ! ! ! !

FINALLY finished with my sil Katie's quilt

for the new addition to their family


Here is a sneak peak . . . .

Hope they enjoy it  . . .

Here is Bella's   .   .   .

Here is Baby's  . . .

Whoops ! !

Hope I didn't give too much away

before Bret and Katie see the quilt's.

Until next time . . .

(I will post pics after I know they have received the package.)