Friday, July 30, 2010

A Gardner's Touch with Chenille

I have been working on this quilt for awhile.
I thought it was gonna be quick and
easy since it was a panel. 
A Gardner's Touch Thimbleberries 2008.

Cutting the panel and sewing it together was easy.
It was that darn Chenille that was the problem child.

First I tried sewing both layers of Chenille at once. 
Wrong answer .  .  .  .
The Chenille stretched and moved and
never stayed straight. 

Sooooooo .  .  .  .  .

I ripped




ripped again.

Then I sewed the Wine Chenille on first with
Water Soluable thread.
Yeah this worked. 
Then I ran out of the Wine Chenille and
had to buy more   : (  
Then I started with the Rose Chenille. 
The Chenille still stretched and moved,
couldn't always keep the Rose Chenille
straight on the Wine Chenille,
but it was better than before. 
Of course there wasn't enough to finish the quilt. 
Had to order more Rose Chenille on line.

Finally I finished sewing on the Chenille. 
Hopefully it will turn out right after the wash.

Now am working on the binding.

Will post pics later.


  1. I've never been brave enough to try anything using chenille. Can't wait to see pics.


Thanks for stopping by. Love to hear your comments.