Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WORK IN PROGRESS

Pam, owner of Miss Millie's Quilt Shop, was having a Buck-A-Block monthly pattern.  My mom and I had bought the patterns each month.  We have blocks January thru August. I am just now getting to sew them, 3 years later.   Unfortunately, Pam had not been feeling too good and past away that year.  I always enjoyed going to Miss Millie's Quilt Shop for her Thimbleberry's Club Meeting.


Now don't be looking too close at these blocks, as they have lots of character.

August's Block: Cups and Saucers

July's Block:  Amish Star

June's Block: Summer Winds


Hopefully I can finish these blocks soon.  I have January thru May to do yet.  With the HOT weather, I will be spending more time at the sewing machine. and less time outside.  But will do a little porch sitting in the morning with a BIG cup of coffee enjoying the peace and quiet in the neighborhood and soaking in a little SUN before it gets too hot out.

5 comments:

  1. Deb, love those blocks.
    What's the final project gonna be?

    A BIG cuppa sounds good. I can smell the aroma now - - - -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks, great job. I miss Pam and her store too!!! The summer winds block almost appears to have fish in each corner (noses towards the center). I'm sorry, I know that seems odd, but for me it's just been one of "those" days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't decided on what I am going to do, but I do have to add some sort of sashing to make all of the blocks the same size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the fish, too ! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blocks look great. What varied colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Love to hear your comments.